Friday, December 9, 2011

Mundle Bread what's that?

I had to make some cookies for a cookie swap I'm participating it tomorrow, soooo I made some mundle bread. 
What's mundle bread? you ask. It looks like biscotti but the recipe is a bit simpler and the dough is wetter and easier to shape!  
I added/changed a few things. I found that you can pour the batter into two thin cookie loaves. Depending on how you cut the loaves you can get anywhere from 30-40 cookies.  The first batch I added some cranberries and then dunked them in melted white chocolate.  The second batch I added chocolate chips. The Third batch chocolate chips and chopped pecans. The fourth batch I added 1/4 c of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients and white chocolate chips. The fifth batch I switched out the vanilla for anise and then dipped those in chocolate. YUM!  (I should start a bakery!)
Here's the base recipe, courtesy of my sister... 


Mundle Bread
mix together till whipped
4 eggs 
1c sugar
add in
1/2c veg oil
1t vanilla
mix together in separate bowl, then add to egg/oil mix
3c flour
2t baking powder
1/2t salt
Spoon onto baking sheet in a long, skinny loaf. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. Take out and cut, flip them onto sides and put back in for 15 min 
So enjoy and LMK if you make them!

1 comment:

caffeinatedkatie said...

i made them....like a thousand of them and I still like them....